Village of Bertrand Yard Waste Site
10136 738 Road
The Yard Waste site is available 24 hours through a card-access gate to any resident or non-resident water users in the Village of Bertrand. Every resident or business is issued 1 card per household/business. Replacement cards are issued at the Village Officer for $5.00 per card. It shall be considered a violation if a card is used by someone not of the household or business to which the card is registered.
Yard Waste Site Rules and Regulations
1. Only grass, leaves, garden waste, branches, trees, and white goods will be allowed at the site. *White Goods Include: refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and hot water heaters.
2. No more than three vehicles will be allowed in the dumping area at the same time.
3. All items must be separated before dumping.
4. The pit is for trees, twigs, small branches, and untreated wood ONLY.
5. The grass pile is for grass, leaves, and garden and yard waste. If these items are brought out in plastic bags or other containers, they will have to be dumped out and the bag or container taken back. Absolutely no cans, plastic, paper, etc. can be mixed with the grass, leaves, or garden/yard waste.
6. Batteries, tires, chemicals/paint are NOT allowed at the yard waste site.
7. Wire, bedsprings, furniture, TVs, and small appliances are allowed in the large dumpster at the site.
8. Any shingles, siding, or other building materials that might contain asbestos must be bagged and taken to the Holdrege Landfill site.
9. The Municipal Superintendent is authorized to assess a fine of up to, but no more than, $250 per violation of the Yard Waste site rules and regulations, in which event the fine shall be paid to the Village Clerk within 10 days after the date of issuance of the citation.
10. A second violation and/or failure to pay the fine on or before the due date thereof shall be subject to immediate loss of privileges to access and use of the yard waste site.
* Non-residents who have not contracted with the Village to have water service provided to their residence or business may apply to the Village to dump trees and branches at the designated area(s) of the yard waste site – provided that such individuals’ or businesses’ access to and use of the yard waste site shall be limited to the dumping of trees and branches
* Commercial tree service businesses shall first pay a deposit of $50 to the Village. The access cared shall be valid for a period of 2 days from issuance. The deposit shall be returned if the access card is returned to the Village before it becomes invalid.
* Individuals and businesses who are not commercial tree service businesses shall first pay a deposit of $25 to the Village. The access card shall be valid for a period of 24 hours from issuance. The deposit shall be returned if the access card is returned to the Village before it becomes invalid.
* In addition to the applicable deposit required, any individuals and/or businesses (other than residents and non-resident water users) shall be subject to the following fees for the dumping of trees and/or branches:
Car Load: $5.00
Pickup Load: $10.00
Truck Load: $20.00.